The Unrecognized

Estonia, Gideon camp Mission Trip, 16.7.2016

The unrecognized
הלא מזוהה

I wanted to share something that got in my heart as I came back from my mission trip. This month I had the opportunity to serve at Gideon camp in Estonia, there was a one week children camp ages 8-12, kids mostly from Estonia and Russia.. Part of them came from none-believers families or from social homes.. My mission was to teach a group of girls ages 11-12 dance, of course I picked a Hebrew song, and it turned out so beautiful.
What bothered me is that we almost never recognize this group of kids. Now, I don’t want to sound judgmental or racist (of course not) , but we almost always see for example the African kids who’s starving and in need of help, now again, I’m planning to serve there also one day so don’t get me wrong!
But what I’m trying to say is that we never really recognize the Russian kids who growing up in violent families, drug or alcohol has addicted, these kids may have something to wear or eat but they got emotionally hurt. I got so blessed teaching them dancing, I saw some girls got so inspired, one women said this dance was a healing for her soul.
I wish I could listen to each ones story and hug all of them!
I just want to encourage you to recognize all groups in society.

‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.” –Matthew 25:40

רציתי לחלק משהו שהיה לי על הלב אחרי שחזרתי מהנסיעה שלי. החודש הזה יצא לי לשרת במחנה קיץ "גידעון" באסטוניה. זה היה שבוע קייטנה של ילדים בגילאי 8-12 בעיקר מאסטוניה ורוסיה.. חלק מהם באו מבתים לא משיחיים, ואפילו מבתים סוציאלים בלי הורים.. העבודה שלי היתה ללמד קבוצה של בנות, בנות 11-12, ריקוד, כמובן בחרתי שיר בעברית, והתוצאה הסופית היתה מקסימה.
מה שהפריע לי זה שאנחנו כמעט אף פעם לא שמים לב לקבוצת ילדים הזאת בחברה. עכשיו אני לא רוצה להשמע שיפוטית או גזענית (כמובן שלא!) אבל אנחנו תמיד שמים לב רק לחברה הזאת, הילדים באפריקה שרעבים וזקוקים לעזרה, כמובן שוב אל תבינו אותי לא נכון, יום אחד אסע לשרת גם שם! הכוונה שלי היא שאנחנו לא שמים לב לדוגמא לילדים מרוסיה, שבאים ממשפחות אלימות, הורים מכורים וסמים או אלכוהול, לילדים האלה אולי יש מה ללבוש או לאכול אבל הם נפשית ורגשית פגועים.
מאוד התברכתי ללמד אותם ריקוד, ראיתי כמה שזה השראה לבנות, אחת הנשים שהיו נוכחות בקייטנה אמרה שהריקוד היה כמו רפואה נפשית עבורה.
הלוואי שיכולתי לשמוע את הסיפור של כל אחד מהם, ןלתת חיבוק אחד גדול לכולם.
אני פשוט רוצה לעודד אתכם לצאת קצת מהקופסא ולשים לב לכל אחד בחברה 
שלנו.

"אמן אמר אני לכם מה-שעשיתם לאחד מאחי הצעירים האלה לי 
עשיתם" –מתי כה': 40:



Comments

Popular Posts